Due to increasing work load, Howard Humphreys (EA) Ltd, a Consulting Engineering firm with offices in Kenya and Tanzania is seeking to recruit a Planning Engineer/Scheduler in its Nairobi office. This will be a fulltime position to prepare and develop resource plan for the office and report on projects internally.
The preferred candidate should meet the following requirements;
· Have a degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or quantity surveying.
· Be proficient in the use of computer scheduling software (Primavera Project Planner or Microsoft Project) and Microsoft Office packages.
· Have at least 5 year’s experience in construction project activity planning for multi-disciplinary projects.
· Have demonstrable experience in setting up WBS based activity schedules with logic and cost centers for monitoring costs, resource utilization, durations and distributions. He or she should be able to independently update, integrate and monitor contractors’ and office-based schedules and generate filtered schedules and management reports (both tabular and graphical).
· Have demonstrable skills in oral communication, report writing, and co-ordination of project teams.
· Should be a results focused and self-driven individual demonstrating a keen attention to detail and with capability to work on multiple projects while reporting to strict deadlines.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications through email, attaching a detailed CV with telephone contacts, and copies of certificates and testimonials, indicating the position applied for, so as to reach the address below not later than 30th April 2014. An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.